Are you still thinking about what to do with your airplane?
This can be one of the most difficult decisions a pilot can make. On one hand, owning an aircraft is a unique experience that can bring great rewards. On the other hand, there comes a time when reality sets in and it just does not make sense anymore. The first thing you must do is treat aircraft ownership the same way you treat flying. Evaluate the situation on a non-emotional basis and then choose the best course of action.
Should I sell my plane, or should I keep it? A few things to consider:
How much am I using my plane? What is the true benefit?
- How many hours did I fly in the last 3 years, the last year, the last month?
- Where did I go and what did I accomplish?
How much money am I spending to own this airplane? What is the true cost?
- How much money did I spend on my plane in the last 3 years, last year, or last month?
- Did I fly enough to maintain a sufficient level of safety? Non-current pilots have more accidents.
- Is my plane flying enough to not cause additional maintenance concerns? They don’t store well.
- How much has my plane depreciated since I have owned it? According to the National Aircraft Appraisal Associations, aircraft values have dropped 35.63% in the last 6 years.
To properly evaluate the cost vs. the benefit, you must do the math!
If owning a plane makes sense... KEEP FLYING IT! If not... SELL IT!
Until now, if you decided to sell your plane, you had three basic choices, none of which are very good.
#1 Give it away by selling to an aircraft dealer who wants to make a huge profit at your expense.
This option promises to be quick and easy, which sometimes it is, but comes at a very high price. Sometimes as much as 50% of the true value of your aircraft.
#2 Hire a high priced full service broker to sell it for you.
This option usually costs 6-7% of the sale price, with a minumum charge of about $5,000. You typically are locked into a 6 month exclusive listing contract and not guaranteed a sale.
#3 Go at it all alone and sell it yourself.
This option is filled with risks and challenges, many of which you cannot even fathom, not to mention a great deal of time and work.
Now there is a much better way!Our service is customized to your situation and needs. We offer a "one stop shop" designed to remove all the hassle, save you time, give you full market value for your plane, and best of all, it does not cost a fortune. We specialize in helping people who decide to sell their airplanes by combining knowledge and experience with the power of technology to create a better way to sell an airplane.
Contact us today so we can help you! You will be glad that you did.
Let's explore your options.
Contact us at
Shoot us an E-mail.